Peas In Our Pod

Thursday, July 26, 2007

have you ever?

So I have this dilemma. A certain high profile G.A. who happens to be in our ward had both his knees replaced last week. So, as I drove by his house yesterday the thought occured to me, "I should take him cookies. After all, we are neighbors and I make wicked awesome cookies." Well, I didn't actually think "wicked awesome" (that was just for Erin), but they are wickedly delicious and wicked for me as I have to weigh in at W.W. tomorrow morning. And as a side note, I want to read the book Wicked that Dave bought for me for Christmas. But before I can bring myself to read it, I need to read the EIGHT books that were loaned to me by various people. I don't know what it is, but people just give me books to read without my asking for them! The hardest part is that because I didn't pick them out, they are really hard to start and they generally don't catch me right away. So they sit and collect dust on my bookshelf and I feel extrememly guilty.

I digress. The dilemma is that I am EXTREMELY intimidated to actually take the cookies to this certain person. I mean, I don't know if I would be able to even knock on his door, and I can't leave cookies on his step because who would eat strange cookies left on your doorstep, especially if you were high profile? And now I can't figure out if this was a prompting (because who doesn't need cookies while recovering from surgery) or just my mind playing tricks on me. Have you ever had this happen to you? I am frozen, for the moment.

But the butter is already soft, so I have to at least make the dough.

Labels:

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh Holly, we were making cookies at the exact same time, and I think you should totally do it! Don't worry... I was super intimidated my him too when I was at your ward.

7/26/2007 9:56 PM  
Blogger courtneyb said...

do it.

7/26/2007 10:21 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Holly, if you still need to go next door just come grab Julie and myself and we would be glad to hold your hand. The possibility of catching some homemade cookies is not a bad thought either.

7/27/2007 1:15 AM  
Blogger Marie {Make and Takes} said...

I do this all the time. I think it was insipration, but I am always second guessing myself too. Maybe his wife will open the door and then it will maybe be no big deal. Plus you said it, who doesn't love cookies, especially wicked ones!

Just found your blog and loving it.

7/27/2007 7:41 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Your cookies are wicked awesome and it would be tragic not to let them in on such delicious goodness! I'm salivating just thinking about them. I am an addict! I can't stop thinking about all my favorite treats right now! Gotta go!

7/27/2007 7:58 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Take him cookies! Don't be intimidated; I bet they'd LOVE to get cookies. So, spill the beans- who is it?

7/27/2007 8:32 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

i'm sorry... i think i gave you an unsolicited book...

7/27/2007 10:36 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

ps- i always have the thought:

"is this the spirit prompting me or am i just having a panic attack?"

and take the cookies. who doesn't love cookies?!

7/27/2007 10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely reconsider taking cookies to a neighbor. After all, cookies are cookies, right (JK). Because then there will be more for those of us who actually live here. OK, maybe I am a little sensitive since I have been bitterly disappointed more than once when the wicked awesome aroma wafted through my kitchen and then, alas, the cookies went missing! I know, poor baby. It is hard on an old guy, though.... I know some of you can feel my pain, no?

7/27/2007 11:30 AM  
Blogger C. Jane Kendrick said...

You were inspired to do something kind. Those are the type of thoughts to act on. I mean, who is it going to hurt exactly?

And while you are at it, could you just pass some by my house? I don't have surgical repaired knees but I am the bees knees. Count?

7/27/2007 12:18 PM  
Blogger cori said...

i would make the cookies and go in and say hi. can you just tell me the G.A. i am dying to know!

7/27/2007 1:37 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

My prediction is that the dough gets eaten. By Jon.

7/27/2007 2:01 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I think you sould do it! It will make his day and if you're worried about him answering the door, I seriously doubt he will if he just had surgery on his knees. His wife will love you for thinking of him and so will he. Go for it! You'll be so glad you did! You are such a sweet and thoughtful person. I love getting to know you better!

7/27/2007 2:27 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

okay, the deed is done! i took inez with me and my niece mallea who is visiting from MO because i was too afraid to go alone. they were very kind, and chatty. i was talking with no filter as i often do when i'm nervous and sweating like a banshee (if banshees sweat). he even showed us one of his knees and i was trying to be polite by not fainting. *sigh*

am i glad i did it? yes. thanks for everyone's encouragement. i'll let you know if a compliment comes around, because then we'll know they really ate them!

oh, and for katrina and/or nils and cori, i'll tell you that he's a mormon, under the age of seventy with gray hair. i'm sure you can guess it!

7/27/2007 3:18 PM  
Blogger david said...

Holly...sorry, but David just told me he's an emeritus G.A. as of a few days ago - he must be older than seventy.

7/27/2007 9:21 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Oops! My bad. Then I shouldn't have been as intimidated by him, right? Just sweaty.

7/27/2007 9:44 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Holly, you have me laughing at this one! You are a great writer!

7/29/2007 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home