Peas In Our Pod

Thursday, April 24, 2008

ben folds

After nearly six years of marriage, I felt like I did when we were dating last night as Dave and I went to the Ben Folds concert. I usually consider myself too old to do stuff like that, but when it's good music it doesn't matter if you are standing in the middle of 20-year-olds. We are so in love. And cute, if I do say so myself.

We went with our friends, James & Melissa, who were in town for a little getaway.

James kept it a surprise for Melissa that we were going to the concert together, so it was fun to see her reaction as we just happened to run into them at a restaurant in SLC. Dave and I had this big plan to walk up to them and say, "What are you guys doing here!?" Then when they asked us what we were up to we would casually say, "Oh, we are just going to the Ben Folds concert. What!? You guys are going too!?"

Instead, what really happened was that Melissa saw us in the parking lot as we were walking into the restaurant which caught us off guard, so we didn't really say anything. Then James blurted out, "Surprise!" almost as if the pressure of keeping the secret had finally worn him down, after having carefully guarded it for so many months. I like to think that we were the best part of their trip.

So here's our view of the stage. I always thought that Ben Folds was really good, but after watching him in concert I am in awe of him. I didn't know that someone's hands could actually play the piano as fast as his did/do. They are actually blurry! He is amazing. My new favorite song of his is Not The Same. It's really good. So check it out HERE.


Thanks to James & Melissa for a fun time, and more great memories. Also, thanks for the pictures that I stole from your blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger James said...

In my mind, I left a comment earlier. Apparently, it was a make-believe comment. Anyway, it's true...his hands were actually blurry.

We had a great time thanks to the fine entertainment and even better company.

5/13/2008 7:58 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I was wondering if those were the same pictures...we had a great time with you guys, as always! By the way, my perm is scheduled for next Tuesday.

5/14/2008 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home