Peas In Our Pod

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

raspberry deliciousness

Today we went with my sister (who happens to be a raspberry picking expert) to pick raspberries. She just moved to here to Happy Valley from Seattle where raspberries grow to be the size of baby's heads. So we were a little disappointed with the crop that we brought home because they were obviously not the size of baby's heads.

I gathered about five pounds which made nearly three large jars of freezer jam.


Of course, that's not counting what was eaten between the time we left the farm until I finally got around to making the jam later this afternoon.



I think what I will remember most from today was Gwen. With that cute little raspberry stained face of hers, she was CONSTANTLY asking one of the following two questions, "Is this a good one Mom?" and "How 'bout this one, can I eat this one Mom?"

Or perhaps the highlight was when Inez FREAKED OUT because a grasshopper jumped on her. When I told her that the bugs (grasshoppers, bees, spiders, etc) weren't there for her, she was actually very surprised. A little while later I overheard her tell Gwen that the bugs weren't there for them, but for the raspberries. It's nice to know that my five-year-old actually listens and believes what I tell her sometimes.

At the end of the day, I think we might need to make another trek for more. I know that would make these girls very happy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

YUMMY!!!!

8/26/2009 9:50 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Those look very good even if they weren't the size of a babys head.

8/29/2009 12:54 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Yum! I may have to copy you on the raspberry freezer jam!

8/31/2009 1:00 PM  
Blogger Denice said...

yummmm.. need to get me some of those....

9/04/2009 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home