Peas In Our Pod

Saturday, June 23, 2007

happy birthday ashley!

It's her "golden" birthday! Meaning she turned 23 on the 23rd, something I just learned. Ashley married my brother last August, and has been a great addition to our family. She is a Diet Coke drinking, Desperate Housewives watching, aspiring reporter, that is a lot of fun to have around. She even gets competitive when playing the boardgame Sorry. So watchout.

One of the best and funniest memories I have of her is from last summer when my Mom and I tagged along on her bridal portrait photo shoot. At some point that afternoon my Mom realized and told me that she had lost one of her shoulder pads(yes, she still wears shoulder pads but they aren't gigantic, so don't judge). Well Ashley came up to me later that evening and in very hushed tones asked if I had lost something as she showed me this padded semi-circular thing. I was about eight months pregnant at the time, so maybe she thought I needed something like that for something relating to the female anatomy when one is pregnant. But once I realized what it was, I lost it and consequentially almost lost control of my bladder too. We had a good laugh and now it's blogged. Forever.

We are so glad you are a part of our family Ashley! Happy, happy birthday!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

Fantastic story. Love it! Ashley sounds wonderful - except for the Diet Coke thing - Diet Pepsi is the only way to go! :) Happy Birthday!

6/25/2007 10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks holly! That is so sweet of you. That story still cracks me up. What a fun day!

6/25/2007 10:36 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Wow, Nezzie looks really happy in that picture.

6/25/2007 2:45 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

we have a lot of sad nezzie faces in the wedding pictures from that day...she was sick. not fun.

6/25/2007 3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it was because she figured out she had to share Uncle Jon...but then, now that she really knows Ash-a-lee, she really loves her. And, I love the three-syllable way she says it.

Ashley is SO good with children and she is a good wife too. I also am loving having her close and getting to observe what a fun and beautiful person she is. We love you, Ashalee.

6/26/2007 9:37 AM  
Blogger David Lesue said...

Happy birthday, Ashley!

6/26/2007 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home