Peas In Our Pod

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

no more barbie

The only thing that happened between Nezzie's innocent three-year-old kisses of yesterday and the tilted head, eyes closed, mushy kiss that she tried to give Dave today, was the watching of Barbie of Swan Lake.

This morning I overheard this dialogue between Inez & Dave:
I: I love you Dad.
D: I love you too, Nezzie.
(pause)
D: Nezzie we don't kiss like that.
I: But sometimes girls kiss boys like that.

Lesson learned? Even if renting a movie from the library is only $1 for a whole week, the answer will be NO.

It is a pretty annoying movie to listen to, besides the music.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

Ha ha! Barbie is evil!

9/06/2007 1:50 PM  
Blogger courtneyb said...

as off guard as those kisses catch me, it's hard not to laugh!! The first time Abbey did it, she was so gentle and she touched my cheek, I know she didn't get that from her dad! hahahaha oh, the joys of children!

9/06/2007 1:51 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Good thing she tried it out on Daddy instead of one of her little boy friends.

9/06/2007 5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liz, I was thinking the same thing: Look out, Luke (Wuke).... BTW: I love your post about loving Joe and the roses; but I can't comment yet on your blog. We're just lucky we found an anon way to get in (through Joe). Anyway, Dad just brought me beautiful, fragrant lilies. They say the apple/acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. :) Sorry, Holly, to talk to Liz on your blog. heh heh But this way, you are included.

9/06/2007 7:23 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I just got caught up with you. I've missed you! And I love the new look of the blog! I'll talk later. Funny about Nezzie.

9/06/2007 8:43 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

i was just thinking that: good thing luke wasn't there. uh-oh.

9/06/2007 11:25 PM  
Blogger cori said...

barbie is SO grown up these days.

9/07/2007 6:36 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Hmm, I always thought Ken was gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

9/07/2007 8:03 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Ken does remind me of Ryan Seacrest now that you mention it, and he's gay, right?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

9/07/2007 8:52 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

love, LOVE you guys. I SO can hear the sense of humor I have always loved about you!!

9/07/2007 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home