Peas In Our Pod

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

an apology to my body

Dear Body,

I am sincerely sorry that I put you through that spinning class last night. I realize that you haven't had that hard of a workout since Gwen was born. However, it was for the best. I think I am more sorry for not having worked you that hard in such a long, long time. I also realize that I need to take better care of you and that the extra pounds you have been carrying around these past few years are even worse than the spinning class from last night. Yes, even worse.

So if you will cooperate with me, I believe it is in our best interest that we continue attending these classes. If we do so, I see a bright future ahead of us. And believe me when I say that I will feel the pain when you do.

You know I love you.

h o ll y

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, now I know I am 'out of it.'
What is a spinning class. And, believe me, I need to apologize to my body as well...trudging up the Great Wall and all over China has again proven that to me.

10/09/2007 6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holly, i a proud of you! spinning is the hardest ever.

10/09/2007 7:09 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

mom - spinning is cycling. it is SO hard!

anon-san - thanks. you should come with me sometime, right after i go to water aerobs with you!

10/09/2007 7:33 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

I went to spin once. My bum hurt so bad. I'm scared to go back. You are a brave soul.

10/10/2007 7:24 AM  
Blogger courtneyb said...

now your body should apologize for metabolizing slowly
I have a love/hate relationship with cycle class. It feels good after but I hate it during.

10/10/2007 1:10 PM  
Blogger cori said...

spinning. i always laugh like its gonna come off the track and go through the wall. really fast. i wonder how fast you really go. i never have done a class.

10/10/2007 2:29 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I have not tried spinning before. I am scared that my bum will get to sore. Why wouldn't it, every time I ride a bike I have a bruised back end for a few days. Maybe I could take in a gel cover for the seat. I had one on my bike when I was living in Provo until it got ripped off. No, not the bike just the seat got ripped off. I never knew they were such a hot commodity in Provo. Good job on the class, keep it up.

10/10/2007 6:05 PM  
Blogger TheOneTrueSue said...

Wow, you are strong. My conversations with my body are more like, "Hey there, wanna sit on the couch and have atwinkie? Yeah, thought you might like that. Want another one?"

Your way is probably better.

10/10/2007 11:51 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

dear holly's body,

will you please send the memo to my body to get back to the gym as well? but also remind it to avoid spinning classes-- i can't handle the way those seats feel like they're UP my bum.

love you,

brooke

10/11/2007 5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home