Peas In Our Pod

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Two good reasons for having children


  1. Inez woke up this morning yelling, "No! No! I want ice cream!" I went into her room and asked her what was wrong. She said that she was with her uncle Jon at a fair and that he wouldn't let her have any pink ice cream. I asked her why he didn't want her to have ice cream, and she said "I don't know. He was dressed up like a penguin."

  2. This afternoon, Inez informed Holly and I that, before we could enter her room, we had to solve a riddle. When we asked her to tell us the riddle, she said, "Once upon a time, there was a fairy and a hippo. You figure out the rest."

5 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

she is hilarious.

what did you say about fairy and hippo? i would've been stumped and not able to enter her room for at least a decade.

1/27/2008 4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is funny. But I'm of course sad that she thinks that I wouldn't let her have ice cream. Especially if I was dressed up like a penguin. I mean if I was dressed up like a penguin, I hope that I would be handing out ice cream or something. Maybe she thinks that I walk like a penguin...Hmmmm :)

1/27/2008 5:48 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

this is exactly why I love this age!! Have lots and lots of fun with her you guys - don't let those quiet moments in the car go buy - they are precious!!

1/27/2008 8:45 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

I think my answer of her riddle was just confusing enough (since I was making it up as the words were coming from my mouth) for her that she allowed me to pass.

Jon, I think I found the source of the dream. She saw a commercial for a new episode of Little Einsteins that actually aired today. She was telling me about it last week and I had no idea what she was talking about. The guide's info for this episode reads, "Mr. Penguin needs Rocket's help to get his broken ice cream truck over the Andes." Although that doesn't explain why you were dressed up as the penguin...

Tracy, thanks for your appreciation. I guess I always hesitate about telling stories like this because I think people will get sick of reading them (and believe me there are more than enough to go around). It's a hard line to define for me as I want to use this as a journal of sorts for our family, but then don't want people sick of reading about our family. Although, if they are sick of reading about our family, then they wouldn't read our blog, right?

1/28/2008 1:58 PM  
Blogger James said...

Laughing out loud...a lot.

1/28/2008 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home