Peas In Our Pod

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

four going on fourteen

A conversation in our home this evening went a little something like this:

me(gushing with pride): Nezzie, tell Grandma why your drawing is cut in half.

inez: Zack couldn't find his drawing at the end of class the other day, so I cut mine in half and shared with him.

grandma k: That was so nice of you Inez!

me: Zach is on of her good friends in preschool, right Nez?

inez: Um, excuse me? He is my BOYFRIEND!

me: Um, excuse me? You cannot have a boyfriend until you are 16 and you can't get married until you are 25, remember?

inez: Uh, I do have a boyfriend and you can't stop me.

me: ...

I was left with my mouth agape, my Mother laughing, and a flash forward of me in ten years with a head full of gray hair.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was the hand on the hip and the flip of her head and hair that accented the attitude so aptly portrayed in the picture you posted!
I loved it...however, if I were her mother with visions of her in 10 or 12 years, I might not have thought it was quite so funny. :)
She's a hoot!

9/12/2008 11:18 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

she's a feisty one!

9/13/2008 11:32 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

The things these kids say, that's so funny.

9/13/2008 1:58 PM  
Blogger Jill T said...

I love it! Inez is great. If Zach is going to have a girlfriend, I'm glad it's her! Let's just hope they don't start kissing anytime soon...:)

9/13/2008 8:34 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I friend of mine caught her 5 year old kissing a boy in the hall at church. When she got after her for it the daughter said, "It's fine Mom! I've kissed him before!" Yikes! Good luck -I'm not looking forward to this with Gigi.

9/13/2008 8:46 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

She cut her drawing in half? She cut her drawing in half??? I am almost in tears over that!!

9/13/2008 9:15 PM  
Blogger Karissa and Mik said...

oh my gosh! i can totally see her saying that! we have a blog now so im searching everyone out!

9/15/2008 3:18 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Oh my Holly - my oldest is 13 and we still haven't heard anything like that come out of their mouths - I'd say you're in for it!!

9/16/2008 2:18 PM  
Blogger Sammie K said...

I love it. She cracks me up. Sammie made a few similar comments a few months ago but hasn't since. I hope we're in the clear... for now.

9/19/2008 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home