Peas In Our Pod

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

stumped.

Besides watching/listening to Mamma Mia!, I have been trying to figure out the quilts I want to make for the girl's rooms. Now that the holidays are (nearly) over, I can refocus my attention on our house and getting us completely settled.
This is for Inez's room. The focus/inspiration comes from this Alexander Henry print.

And here are some other pieces I have accumulated to try and match it. It's not quite right yet. And I'm spending way too much time online trying to find more. I'm thinking I need to eliminate the yellow, orange and green pieces because I'm not sure the design matches the others. But I do want to keep some other colors in there so that it's not all pink.

I just don't want to make a mistake. What if I spend all this time and money on it and then it looks horrible?! Who knew quilting could be such a scary experience.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger jane Cobber said...

I love the colors! Don't be scared, if it doesn't work out just send it to me;) I would lose the orange, but I like the green. Even though I'm not a yellow person I do think a little yellow would be good. I need a buddy to watch Momma Mia with. Maybe we can synch our watches at watch it at the same time.

12/31/2008 4:11 PM  
Blogger Denice said...

i say go for it! i wouldnt search for anymore fabrics. if you love the green and orange then just use a little of them in the borders. i LOVE the fairty print!

12/31/2008 5:32 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I agree with Carol -lose the orange, but keep the others. It's a good mix. Can't wait to see the end result!

1/01/2009 12:39 AM  
Blogger Karissa and Mik said...

you better listen to my mom she is the quilting queen! believe me the quilt i made for mik for christmas wouldnt exist without her!

1/01/2009 5:25 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

but i do love the orange. (i would i suppose.)

1/02/2009 9:02 AM  
Blogger Gingerlylizzy said...

I love the green with it and pink and green is classic...

1/03/2009 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home