Peas In Our Pod

Friday, February 13, 2009

i have mixed emotions

So there's a news report out that In-N-Out is going to open here in Utah.

I just don't know how I feel about that. Dave always teases me about being a California snob. Well, can I help it if that's where I was raised since my infancy? Not born though, that was in Boston. I can't help it if California is just a lovely place with all the warm weather, beaches, palm trees, Disneyland, shopping and sites.

Don't get me wrong, Utah has its good things too and I like living here. But on all our vacations to California, In-N-Out is something we look forward to. It's a California thing, not Utah. I just don't know how the place will look with snow on it. And what about their signature palm trees? Are those going to be fake, or will they heaven forbid! not have them altogether?

I guess I am a little excited to have a burger, animal style. And we do wean our children with their shakes(from one milk fat to another), so that will be handy.

Mixed emotions.

12 Comments:

Blogger Doug and Laura said...

They are already here! I am in St. George and they are full force.

2/13/2009 9:59 AM  
Blogger Denice said...

silly girl - they are already in st george. we went there and the line was 2 hours long. we ate across the street. there is nothing worth waiting 2 hours for. unless it is covered in chocolate.

2/13/2009 10:23 AM  
Blogger Denice said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2/13/2009 10:23 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

oh, we know about the st george location. We have eaten there on our way to and from California numerous times. I don't have a problem with the locations where palm trees can grow.

2/13/2009 10:50 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

ha, so funny! i just facebooked you my very same feelings; feeling mixed, but not the palm trees.

i dont think of it as a cali thing really anymore, since there are several in Nevada and the one in St. Geroge, but will miss the urgency to get to all the In 'n Out resturants while on vacation.

oh well, since its going to be here, i totally plan on enjoying.

2/13/2009 11:43 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

I share your sentiments. There's a knock-off in AF called Chadders. We love it, and for some reason since it has a different name it still makes going to In-N-Out oh-so special when we're in Cali.

2/13/2009 12:10 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

is this sort of like the mixed-emotions when ikea came?

i'm just excited. although five guys keeps me pretty satisfied.

2/13/2009 12:25 PM  
Blogger courtneyb said...

i agree. But if Wahoo's came here, words can't even explain the happiness and joy I would feel. You've eaten at Wahoo's right? You can't really claim "the O.C." (don't call it that) if you haven't eaten at and love eating at Wahoo's.

2/13/2009 1:23 PM  
Blogger Carina said...

Uhm, I was born in Boston too. Stalkerish much?

2/13/2009 11:18 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

azucar, i think it would come down to who was born first to see just which one of us is the stalker.

2/14/2009 12:08 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

courtney, you make a good point. but remember how much older i am than you? the first wahoo's opened when i was 12 and by that time i had already been eating in 'n' out since my infancy. plus you have to remember not all of us OC-ers were privileged enough to grow up as close to the beach as you were. we had a good 20 miles or so to drive/take the bus! maybe wahoo's will be our new california eatery to look forward to.

2/14/2009 12:13 PM  
Blogger Petit Elefant said...

I know, I'm with you! I was really excited about IKEA but it just doesn't have the same appeal now that it's in my back yard. Ahh, but the In 'n Out shakes. mmmmmm....

2/22/2009 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home