Peas In Our Pod

Friday, January 23, 2009

art time at our house

As I mentioned before, Gwen is really into coloring. This makes Dave very proud as he is our resident artist. I mean, haven't you seen his work before?

Anyway, I am so proud of Gwen. She even tries to color in circles and such shapes. However, I have to say it is a little creepy when I happen upon her pictures and see orange eyes staring back at me.


Inez on the other hand, has never been into coloring. She has even used the excuse "my hand is tired" and others of the like. So you can imagine my surprise when I came home from a little shopping trip with my Mom to discover this picture she drew.

Dave had been reading to her from The Book of Mormon, 1 Nephi 16. That chapter talks about the group receiving the Liahona, some of the daughter's of Ishmael getting married, Ishmael dying, the Liahona directing them as to where to hunt for food and Nephi breaking his bow and then making a new one.

I am still in shock.

And I guess its apparent that both Inez and Gwen think that eyes should be orange.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Dale uses the same excuse (my hand is tired)! What's up with that? But after a few months in Kindergarten he actually got into it. I think once they realize they can, they like it.
And I'm glad you linked to your old post. I don't think I'd read that one. I love Hives. I remember when a girl that I worked with found out Dave was my brother, she acted like I was related to a movie star. Dave's the man.

1/23/2009 3:47 PM  
Blogger Denice said...

my hand gets tired too, but i must say that is an awesome drawing. you should pass yourself on the back for teaching her something AND she remembered!

1/23/2009 8:12 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

sarah, well he was a bit of a celebrity for BYU, i think.

denice, dave gets all the credit. the artistic genes, the reading of the BOM and getting her to draw something!

1/24/2009 12:02 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Addie colored Cinderella's eyes purple yesterday during sacrament meeting. Anders did that too when he was smaller, but now he's more into "realism".

You guys keep showing me up on righteousness, what with your kid drawing the river of Laman and all. Sheesh.

We want to get together. You name the time and we'll be there!

1/26/2009 11:35 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Dude, Swiper is such a jerk.

1/29/2009 8:52 AM  
Blogger Kelley said...

This is so freaking amusing.

2/15/2009 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home