Peas In Our Pod

Thursday, May 21, 2009

being pregnant = no fun for me.

I found this draft today. It was dated March 26th and I wrote it before anyone besides Dave and my Mom knew I that was pregnant. I think it's funny, and luckily for me it's not all true anymore.

i hate feeling sick. i need to puke. and there is some funky smell in our fridge that only i can smell. i have cleaned it out about three times already but i cannot find anything. not even my Mom (who has always had the super-smeller ability) can smell anything out of the ordinary. and i dread opening it because it hits me like a ton of bricks when the door opens and then lingers in the kitchen for awhile after the door has been closed.

also, i cannot look at any pictures of food on people's blogs. it totally grosses me out. i can't smell any fast food either. i got a whiff of something the other day and i about tossed my cookies in the parking lot.

i also drive with a plastic bag handy in case i have to throw up while i'm driving and i can't pull over fast enough. i'm really hoping that i won't have to use that this pregnancy like i had to with my first two, but i'm not holding my breath.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

I'm sorry about my picture of eggs.

5/22/2009 7:22 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

katrina, luckily i saw the eggs for the first time on a good day. then after that if i was feeling at all queasy while going to your blog, i would use my peripheral vision to see if the same picture was still there.

ah, the things we do while we are pregnant. everything could be considered a bit crazy, but acceptable at the same time.

5/22/2009 2:53 PM  
Blogger Denice said...

you have every reason to feel sorry for yourself. the beginning is no fun. i always say why do i have to be punished? im not the one who ate the fruit, KWIM?

5/22/2009 4:24 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

is this why we love our kids so much—because we have to go through so much for them?

5/22/2009 9:38 PM  
Blogger Dyana365 said...

I'm so sorry you have to go through this! I would have stopped at 1, but fortunately (and I don't want to sound like I'm gloating) I never got sick, just super puffy and retained every ounce of liquid a body could hold.

6/03/2009 5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home