Peas In Our Pod

Monday, May 14, 2007

happy birthday heather!

Heather Jo was born today... a few years ago, in Bellflower, California. She is the third of seven children and a very fun big sis. I still remember sitting in the back of the car and squealing from pure excitement after it was announced by our parents that we would be going to watch the Disneyland fireworks*! This may be one of the reasons as to why Heather is a big Disney fan today, and being raised in Anaheim, only three miles from the Happiest Place on Earth, it's really no surprise. I still remember dancing with her and our brother Joe at Videopolis (wow, that name just sounds TOTALLY 80s).

As a younger sister, I was always envious of her great curly hair, smooth skin, and trendy clothes. We shared a room for a long time and she loved scaring me about the "deep end" of the bed, which was just a big crack between our bed and the wall. She is very wise and has great inner strength. I would say she's one of the "steel magnolias" in my life, even though we aren't from the South. She has a great family. Her fifteen year old son, Payne, is Autistic and our whole famiy has been blessed to have him in our lives. He is followed by Mallea (13), Josie (8) and Campbell (5). Heather is married to Graigg, who dotes on her and buys her Tiffany jewelry. They live in Missouri, which is WAY too far, in my opinion!

I am so glad that she's my sistah. I love you Headie!! HAPPY B-DAY!! To read more about her, check out Heather's blog.


*This will probably age me (as if the Videopolis comment didn't enough), but when we lived in Anaheim, we could see the fireworks from our backyard. Sometimes we would drive to the top of Wagner hill and watch them with anyone else who had stopped. But the best was when my parents were really feeling nice (this is where the squeals came in) and we would drive over to Disneyland and park in the back lot, which is now where ToonTown in located. This was by far the best seat in the house, except for probably the best seat in the house INSIDE the park.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger jane Cobber said...

Happy Birthday Heather! I am so proud you are my sister. I also admire your inner strength and capacity to love. My life is better because you are here. I love you!

5/14/2007 8:32 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Happy Birthday Heather. I hope you have a great day!!

5/14/2007 11:58 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Happy birthday to my "enemy spies" partern-in-crime. Do you think the Anaheim Police Department's helicopter ever saw us signaling it from behind the mound in our front yard? Can't wait to see you!

5/14/2007 12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm all verklempt!!!

HAHA! Actually I feel so lucky to have such wonderful and thoughtful brothers and sisters! I can't think of a funner way to have grown up!

Thank you so much! This was so nice to find/read/see!

Holly - I was only preparing you in sleeping between bodies (husband/babies). Can't you see now how falling into the crack actually HELPED? LOL

Joe - yes!!! SPIES! Or III (that is three fingers in case you couldn't tell) Or the Hall game! HAHA! Remember that one?

Thank you ALL for the kind words. I don't feel as wonderful as you all make me out to be...no where close! =) But it is nice to be thought of that way.

5/14/2007 2:27 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Oh yeah...playing with Heather and Joe was SO much fun for me. It went something like this, when playing barbies (yes, JOE played barbies):

Me: Hey guys! Can I play too?
Heather and/or Joe: Um...yeah...you can be the neighbor that comes over to borrow sugar. And that's all.
Me(happy and naive that they even let me have this much of a role): Okay!

And we they played "enemy spies" I always tried to run behind them and hide with them but somehow I usually got left behind.

Cue sad music from Charlie Brown's Christmas cartoon as I walk away with my head hung down.

5/14/2007 6:48 PM  
Blogger kristy wihongi said...

oh heather...what can i say? you are a true blessing...as a sister, mother, wife, friend and woman! you are truly incredible. i admire you in so many ways you will never know. i have fun, different memories of growing up. some of the best times at byu as roomates. that was incredibly fun. until graigg, wisely and quickly, snatched you up. i love your family and what you have done. you are very accomplished and i admire and look up to you. have a great birthday (sorry we called you late), you deserve it. i love you tons and tons. kris

5/14/2007 9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Reathahhhh!! I hope that you had a wonderful birthday and that you enjoyed your day! I have fond memories of going to Froggies frozen yogurt with you when I was little in Anaheim. Thank you for being such a great role model and example. You are such an amazing mother to your cute 4 kids. Ashley and I can't wait to see you all soon! Happy Birthday again.
Love,
Jon
P.S. Another fond memory was when you took me with you on your date with Graigg and I remember being really young. I think we went to the plaza outside Disneyland hotel where the little remote control boats were. I think Graigg paid for me to play with them and then when I turned around you and Graigg were off smooching hahaha busted. jk

5/15/2007 1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather, I hope you had a really special day. You totally deserve it. I'm so glad to be a Kewish and to be your sister. I love and miss you!

5/22/2007 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home