Peas In Our Pod

Thursday, September 06, 2007

just when I thought I was a decent parent...

I keep hearing that I should listen to a podcast called This American Life. I've been meaning to give it a try for the past few weeks and yesterday, on my way home from work, I finally listened to my first episode, Unconditional Love.

I've given you the link to the episode, but If you are a parent, I recommend that you do not listen to it. Unless you have a desire to feel that your parenting skills are on par with those of Britney Spears, don't listen. It will convince you that your children are the ones enduring you (not the other way around) and that you've never had a difficult day in all of your selfish life.

It might also make your eyes watery as you drive. When you reach home, it's possible that it will cause you to give your surprized wife and daughters lengthy, embarrassing hugs followed by lengthy, embarrasing (watery) gazes and a few clumsy declarations, like "I love you guys" and "No, seriously—I SO love you guys."

Nobody wants that. Don't listen.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger cori said...

i want to listen and maybe slip it in brandons car. that is so sweet.

9/07/2007 6:34 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

ooooooooooooh, i'm listening.

9/07/2007 10:11 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

ps- i have always suspected my children are the "ones enduring me."

9/07/2007 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home