Peas In Our Pod

Friday, October 26, 2007

for you mom

There was a little girl and she had a little curl,
right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good she was very, very good.
But when she was bad, she was horrid.

My Mom told me that nursery rhyme about a million times when I was little but I didn't relate to it until I had girls of my own.

Well this little girl doesn't have that little curl...at least not in the middle of her forehead.

But the little curls in the back are so cute (except for when I have to comb out her baby baby dreads).

And unfortunately she is learning how to be horrid.

You were right Mom. She is very determined.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I'd take dreads, curls or any hair at this point. I am so sick of Tori being called a boy because her lack of hair. I wonder if Gwens hair will still be curly when it is longer?

10/30/2007 10:08 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

That is AWESOME!

10/30/2007 10:32 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Hi! I just found your blog through cjane. I clicked on your name because I thought it was my other friend Holly, but obviously you aren't! Anyways, I am stuck on your blog because it is so cute, your family is adorable, I am LDS too, and I do Stampin' Up as well!! I got all excited when I recognized your SU stamps. I think stamp camp is such a cheesy name too! ha ha. I hope you don't mind if I put you on my google reader. You can check out my blog too... www.quirkykirky.blogspot.com. Looks like we have alot in common!! Chat later :)

10/30/2007 10:58 AM  
Blogger cori said...

gwen horrid? i don't believe it. she is so cute holly!

10/30/2007 12:38 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

i love baby curls. nothing cuter.

10/30/2007 1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you for a simply wonderful post. I love her curls...if I could, I would soon put that cutie patootie's hair in a pony tail. ;)
Yes, tenacious is a part of her personality--that's why I think Dave's poster should be called "Gwenacious."
And, Liz, I hear you...but then again...needing to fix/style little girls' hair each day compared to the boys...???

10/30/2007 5:57 PM  
Blogger Hollyween said...

Hi Holly. I'm Jill's friend, Holly and I like your name lots so I decided to visit your blog. Besides, I always like all of Jill's friends. I steal them all and read their blogs. My mom used to say that poem to me ALL of the time. So cute that she said it to you too!

10/30/2007 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home