Peas In Our Pod

Monday, March 03, 2008

should we stay or should we go now

So Dave has a business trip this week. This is his first business trip for this job (that he's had for two+ years) and I'm not looking forward to being without him for three days. I guess this would be my first business trip as well.

His assignment is taking him to a photo shoot for Hannah Montana (wait for it) clothing.
The actual girl won't be there so sorry. He won't be able to get anyone any autographs. If she was going to be there, then I think Dave would be the favorite Uncle, hands-down.

This shoot is taking place in LA. Here's where I come in. After they told Dave and he told me last Friday, Saturday morning I awoke with the most brilliant plan. Why don't I drive down to So Cal on Thursday, take the girls to Disneyland on Friday (possibly with the Cobb girls) and then meet up with Dave Friday night at the White's (as they were kind enough to not be bothered by us inviting ourselves to stay with them) and then go to Disneyland again on Saturday with Dave so that he can see Gwen freak out over Winnie the Pooh and take Inez on Splash Mountain himself. Then we would drive back on Sunday. It would be a super short trip, but there's nothing that we have to be here for and we could get a teeny family vacation out of it without Dave having to take any days off work.

One con would be that I am sick. I should be better by Thursday, but then what if the girls get what I have and are sick at Disneyland? A pro would be In-n-Out Burger. I should make a real pro and con list, but my fingers are too cold to keep typing plus I think Gwen is eating cat food right now. See? Doesn't she deserve a trip to Disneyland? I know I do, because I have no idea where Inez is right now. I don't know how that qualifies me, but somehow it just does.

So which would you choose? This:

or this:

16 Comments:

Blogger Jiles Pfamily said...

go holly go!

3/03/2008 4:24 PM  
Blogger David Lesue said...

I choose you, honey. I choose you.

3/03/2008 4:39 PM  
Blogger David Lesue said...

Wait, was that not an option?

3/03/2008 4:40 PM  
Blogger David Lesue said...

Ok, then I choose Disneyland.

3/03/2008 4:40 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Well, you can have me at Disneyland. Is that your ideal or what!?

3/03/2008 5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, let's see...okay, as pretty as the snow looks, Disneyland looks even better after a long, cold, snowy season.
But, you MUST hold on to all bags, purses, and kids. :)
I would love to see Disneyland through the little ones' eyes again. I have such fond memories of watching all of you squeal and run and jump and laugh and just simply enjoy being there. (Mom)
P.S. Get better!

3/03/2008 7:33 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Oh, go to Disneyland. Just don't get your stuff stolen this time.

3/04/2008 8:54 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

DIS-NEY-LAND! DIS-NEY-LAND! DIS-NEY-LAND!

3/04/2008 9:03 AM  
Blogger cori said...

i am glad i found your blog again. that is for sure. and i would go. spur of the moment trips, and especially to disneyland are the best!

3/04/2008 10:44 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I choose Disneyland for you. Much more inviting.

3/04/2008 11:00 AM  
Blogger H said...

Hot Diggity DOG! Do DISNEYLAND BABY!!

Maybe you will even win a night in the super-duper awesome in-park suite! Wouldn't that be the coolest?!?!?!

do it....do it....do it...

3/05/2008 10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO! And take me with you. Or bring back In-N-Out and Tommy Booger and the beach and Dis for me :)

3/05/2008 9:16 PM  
Blogger Cherri Regnier said...

If you go there will be trouble...
But if you stay it will be double...
So come on and let me know...

3/05/2008 10:44 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

so if we go to disneyland, the trouble will be that i will be tempted to eat a tigger's tail and/or churros, and/or a yorgurt parfait and/or any other treat that is only available at disneyland.

if we stay the trouble will be double because i will be going CRAZY with these two crazy little girls and no dave to give me some parental relief.

so, we...are...GOING!

yay.

3/05/2008 10:58 PM  
Blogger courtneyb said...

even if you don't go to d-land, go to the nice weather!!! And will you please eat at Wahoo's for me!!?? And you get to drive through Zions at a gorgeous time of year, perfect timing for a CA trip all the way around. Can't wait to see how it went.

3/06/2008 2:27 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

oh wow-- i'm late on this one... hope you're having fun!

3/10/2008 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home