Peas In Our Pod

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

i don't really heart valentine's day


Maybe it's because it feels like there's this pressure to do something/be super romantic. It also seems like all the stores are trying to cram a lot of lame merchandise down my throat in the form of boxed chocolates and tacky stuffed animals.

That being said, I am a sucker for boxed chocolate (Dove dark chocolate, preferably) and pink unicorns (for a certain four-year-old that loves pink and loves unicorns).

Don't get me wrong, I think the idea of Valentine's Day is great and I am all for getting special attention from my hubby (and still expecting something so you aren't totally off the hook Dave). But this year I am just not that into it. Maybe it's due to the fact that my birthday is on the 15th and I am just anxious to get the 14th over with so that I can (fingers crossed) be showered with gifts like The Edge Brownie Pan.

But don't let me rain on your parade. Happy Valentine's Day to those of you who aren't thinking only of yourselves and your birthdays. May your day not include anything resembling this:

Unless you want it to. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

12 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

i think chloe has that exact pegasus/unicorn on her bed.

2/13/2008 2:15 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

okay, chloe's is a pegasus/unicorn. i see now that one is just a unicorn.

2/13/2008 2:16 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

also, happy valentines and happy birthday! i hope you get the edge pan. i hope i do too.

2/13/2008 2:16 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

inez would be quick to correct you—that is a unicorn, not a pegasus. i can overlook the mistake, but i won't relay it to inez. i want her to still respect you.

2/13/2008 2:18 PM  
Blogger courtneyb said...

what the heck is that? Where do you buy that? Oh, I get it, it cuts perfect brownies. cool. I love valentines, but not so into it this year. I think I'm just trying to hurry through the holidays to get back home and get settled.

Happy Birthday!

2/13/2008 2:27 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

brooke, i see we were making comments at the same time. i'm so glad you caught yourself because inez probably would have put her hand on her forehead and rolled her eyes if i had told her what you had done. you're welcome. and i'm surprised that you guys don't have the edge pan yet. i thought aaron would be all over that!

courtney, i just included the link for the brownie pan. it's pretty much the best invention ever if you like the edges of brownies. which i do.

2/13/2008 2:50 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

That pan looks a little silly to me and I love the center brownies the best. Maybe I can figure out how to make a pan with no edges,hmmmmmm, I think that would be impossible. Happy Valentines and Birthday.

2/13/2008 3:09 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I used to not love valentines day until I made a decision not to expect anything romantic and now I'm never let down! voila! I hope you have a good day tomorrow and a Happy Birthday!!!!!
fyi: I like the middle brownie. So if you don't get the pan, invite liz and I over when you make brownies and we'll all be happy!!

2/13/2008 3:55 PM  
Blogger David Lesue said...

Dang! I got so excited reading your post, thinking that I was going to be able to get away with not being thoughtful this year. Then I read the rest. Sigh. So, chocolate, right?

2/13/2008 10:38 PM  
Blogger Kelley said...

Couldn't agree more--V-Day has been exploited to the max. Who wants some disgusting stale Russell Stover chocolates and a stuffed animal holding a balloon anyway? Not me. Big J got me a simple Skor bar for Valentine's Day, and it was fantastic.

2/14/2008 10:14 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

We decided long ago that Valentines day was for our girls not us. I make a romantic candle light dinner for 6. Daddy brings home "gifts" for our girls. Plus our anniversary is a week later so that is our day. Try it next year.. takes the pressure off, and is so much more rewarding to see your kids light up. Speaking of anniversays did I miss Lesue cd 5? :o)

2/15/2008 12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crap, now I have to take back the lady bug basket I got you for your birthday. How could I have been so wrong?

2/15/2008 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home