Peas In Our Pod

Thursday, June 12, 2008

sew fun!

Ok, that is the cheesiest title, but I've been doing a little sewing for the girls for the Fourth of July. Super easy skirts with elastic waists seem to be my specialty as I am not very skilled when it comes to following patterns. With these (and the Easter skirts that were similar) I just measure the length, (from another skirt they already have), measure their waists, finish some edges and voila! Not too shabby if I do say so myself.

James & Natalie, you guys really do need to move back here so that Natalie and I could sew together, just like James always used to joke about. Although Nat you are much better at sewing than I am, so you could teach me your mad skillz. And the guys could be in the other room watching the kids and making sure they stay out of the bird heroine.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

very cute. where do you get your cute fabric?

6/12/2008 7:37 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

oh, and we can still be friends. seriously, can we get together already?

6/12/2008 7:37 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

i got it from joann fabrics.

and yes. with or without kids?

6/12/2008 8:22 PM  
Blogger Sammie K said...

SEW cute! I'll be cheesy too so you don't have to feel bad. That fabric is darling. Isn't it great to only have to buy a tiny bit of fabric and be able to make something so cute out of it. I don't know if I really have mad skillz. You're too nice. Like you, I pretty much only make things with elastic waists these days. They are the only things simple enough that I know I'll make time to finish.

So, since it doesn't look like we're moving back west anytime soon, I think we should plan a sisters getaway and sew and do girlie stuff and pray that the kids don't get into that bird heroine that you mentioned while we're gone.

I love those red sandals by the way.

6/13/2008 9:18 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

The skirts turned out cute. Good job.

6/13/2008 3:42 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

sew cute!

6/13/2008 7:41 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Hey goober, could you help me make an elastic waisted skirt for me, hee. Really I want to make some for Janie.

6/14/2008 8:47 AM  
Blogger James and Natalie said...

When we were talking about heroin the other day in class all I could think of was BIRD HEROIN. The only question is do you classify it as a schedule I controlled substance?

6/15/2008 7:02 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Those are adorable, I will be envious in Coronado.

6/15/2008 9:38 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Holly, I do think your skirts are adorable! And I liked the cheesy title :)

6/18/2008 3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the skirt...know a cute blouse that might go with it. Also, love those cute little shoes and ankles.

6/21/2008 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home