Peas In Our Pod

Friday, March 06, 2009

a few Nezzie-isms/lesson for Mommy

Lately, this girl has been making us laugh more than usual.

Last Saturday:
Nez: Mom, it's a good thing there aren't bombs in our house!
Me: Oh yeah?
Nez: Yeah, cause if we had a robot it might make the bomb go off on accident.

The other night I found a housefly dying in our bathroom. It was on the shelf, above the sink along with all our toiletries, legs up and still moving. I decided that I would let it die in peace and that Dave could get rid of it, but he didn't cause I forgot to tell him. The next morning after telling Inez to brush her teeth, I went into the bathroom only to discover her recently used toothbrush touching the dead fly, with the bristles! So yesterday while we were looking for a new toothbrush at Target she asked if it was okay to talk to the lady that was stocking shelves. We often have to go over the rules about who is stranger and who isn't and that when you are with Mom and Dad you can talk to one, etc, etc. It can be pretty confusing and it doesn't help that strangers always talk to the girls in stores, at church or where ever else we are.
Nez: Um, we have a really old house...
Target Worker: Uh-huh
Nez: and there was a dead fly on my toothbrush!!
T.W.: Really!?
Gwen: Daddy trow away.
Nez: Yeah, my Dad threw the fly away.

I quickly exited the aisle. Apparently only old houses have houseflies. FYI.

Whenever Inez asks how I know any piece of information I give her my reply is always, "because Moms know everything." This response and I usually get eyes rolled at us (hers). Well today we were having a rather earthy discussion after she used the bathroom about certain foods that don't digest completely...I'll spare you the rest. After giving her an answer to one of her questions she told me with pure sincerity, "Mom, maybe you do know everything after all!"

I'm just prepping her for her teenage years.

About an hour ago, I yelled at her and got her in trouble for something really insignificant. I sent her to her room and she went crying and slammed her door shut. Then I read Brooke's post and felt guilty for not being more sensitive, caring and loving. Thanks a lot Brooke! I went and found her and said I was sorry. She said:
Nez: Did you hear me through the vents? (remember we have an old house so it's not difficult)
Me: No, what did you say?
Nez: I said a prayer and asked Jesus to help me be a better girl.
Me: (melting) Nezzie, I will be a better Mommy because you are the most important thing to me and you are so special.

This girl is such a blessing in my life. I learn from her every day and seem to grow up along with her. I know I still have a lot to learn. I just have to pray every day that I can be a better girl.

Now excuse me, I must get off the computer and go spend some quality time with my Nezzie girl.

8 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

isn't it funny what they'll say!! She sound a lot like my oldest!! he's 5 going on 15! He thinks he knows everything and then is just amazed whenever I know more!!! kids! BTW love your blog!

3/06/2009 5:57 PM  
Blogger David Lesue said...

I LOVE the bombs/robots one. She is so funny.

3/06/2009 6:16 PM  
Blogger Gingerlylizzy said...

She is so darling...

3/06/2009 8:41 PM  
Blogger Denice said...

gotta love those kidisms. gotta love those kids!

3/07/2009 5:32 PM  
Blogger Dyana365 said...

don't you just love those guilty mom moments, where you feel the size of an ant! I can feel for you because I live it everyday. Like nezzie, i pray everyday that I can be a better girl/mom! how can you get mad at that face? she's an angel!

3/09/2009 10:50 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

oh holly. i'm just overly sensitive. and i get mad at my kids all the time! but like you, i'm just praying i'll be a good girl.

i love you! i love nezzie!

3/10/2009 9:59 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Oh! My! Gosh!! I love it. Can't wait to see her soon . . . by the way, did "corn" come up in the non-digestive foods conversation?

3/16/2009 8:51 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

just for you beth, corn and tomatoes.

3/16/2009 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home