Peas In Our Pod

Thursday, June 25, 2009

back home, finally.

After two weeks of vacation, it's really nice to be home again.



Now I have about a year's worth of laundry to tackle. Not to mention a new tire to get for the car since I had a blow-out on the highway last night, pushing our arrival time to 2am. Let me tell you, driving 50 mph when you are only 80 miles from home is pure torture. Luckily I was in a caravan with my sister and sister-in-law (we were all without our men for the journey back home). It was probably one of the most scary experiences of my life. But I feel blessed that no one was injured. I know that we were being watched over through it all, and for that I'm grateful.

5 Comments:

Blogger Faye said...

Sure was fun seeing you guys. I still can't believe I recognized little Gwen before any of the rest of you. Glad you had a safe trip home.

6/25/2009 5:00 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

It was great to see you too! And the funny thing is, that a few days later the same thing happened at Disneyland—Jody's friend Cherri recognized Gwen first! Too funny.

6/25/2009 5:11 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I hope you had a great family reunion, we're sure glad you stopped at our place. Oh, and I found Inez's kitty, under a plant in the front yard. =) I'll send it up.

6/26/2009 1:16 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

thanks melissa! it was so much fun seeing you guys too. thanks for letting us crash with you and for being such great hosts! see you in august!

6/26/2009 2:59 PM  
Blogger Denice said...

wow - scary! i have never had that happen. knock on wood. glad you are all home safe and sound.

7/01/2009 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home