Peas In Our Pod

Saturday, March 17, 2007

happy st. paddy's day

Dave and I are arguing as to whether it should be "paddy" or "patty", and since I'm posting, I'm leaving it the way I think it is. After all it's not St. Patricia's Day, right?

Anyway, Mom made the traditional corned beef and cabbage, which tasted much better than I remember from back when I was a picky teenage girl. We also had green drinks, cottage cheese, and tapioca (Erin, I'm thinking of you because "tap,tap,tap, tapioca" from Thoroughly Modern Millie has been in my head all night!). It was yum.

One movie I love from my youthful days is Darby O'Gill and the Little People. It's a little crazy, but I still love it. And that Sean Connery is easy on the eyes, ladies. Best part about that is that Dave does a stellar impression of Sean Connery. Lucky me. I didn't even need to meet a leprechaun to wish for that.

10 Comments:

Blogger courtneyb said...

i love corned beef and cabbage and knew it would be a waste to make because my family wouldn't eat it. so i'm glad you enjoyed it and if you have any left overs, pour one out for your hommie, or jsut take a bite in my memory.

3/18/2007 12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, got to go with Dave on this one...I think "patty" personally. In any event, I hope your day had a touch O'Blarney...a heap O'Magic and A LOAD O"LAUGHTER!

3/18/2007 2:23 PM  
Blogger jane Cobber said...

I love that movie:) I forgot to show that to the girls...thanks for reminding me:)

3/18/2007 9:10 PM  
Blogger kristy wihongi said...

that's funny, before i could read the text, i kept looking at the title, thinking...is that how you spell it? hmmm, i wonder...if it is st. patricks day, shouldn't it be shortened using t-s.
too funny. still waiting to have our c.b. & c--vw went last second out of town to buy a house in AZ. had to postpone st. patricks day, except the kids wearing every stitch of green clothing they possibly could on saturday, that was funny.

3/19/2007 8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can we watch that movie together? chaz refuses to watch it with me.

3/19/2007 9:01 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

have to go with dave on this one... english majors unite!

er, wait... holly totally backed me on my blog-argument with aaron (yay for COLD cereal), now i must do the same! it's TOTALLY paddy's. and now i'm going to change the st. patty's posting in my blog to it's correct form of paddy's. (so don't ever say i didn't get your back, girl! super-soul-sis' unite!)

3/19/2007 3:45 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

ok, i guess i should clarify. i know that "paddy" is not gramatically correct. it's one of those words that you say but hardly ever write. and it seems to me that when you say it, it sounds more like paddy instead of patty.

anyway, i'm sure everyone is being too nice to really tell me i'm wrong on my own blog (with the exception of james white. thanks a lot james.) and brooke, thanks for having my back. Y.T.B.

3/19/2007 5:10 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

erin, i will totally watch this movie with you, if we can watch miss firecracker too

3/19/2007 9:34 PM  
Blogger david said...

my vote is patty too. no offense holly, i'm with dave on this. paddy sounds gross. i don't know why, it just does. :) peace.

3/20/2007 9:30 PM  
Blogger David Lesue said...

Is the David that left that last comment David Butler? Or another David?

3/21/2007 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home