Peas In Our Pod

Monday, January 12, 2009

nez 'n' troy

So for the last five months Inez has been wanting a Troy Bolton doll(hereafter referred to as TDB).
I blame this totally on my sister Carol who while at our house last summer gave her girls Gabriella and Sharpay dolls. Inez wanted so deperately to play barbies with them too, but not with a regular ol' barbie. She wanted a High School Musical barbie doll, and loving Troy Bolton as much as she does, he was the barbie of her choice. She begged me to get her one, and I tried to brush it off by suggesting that she ask Santa for one.

Well, this girl does not forget anything. She talked about asking Santa for her very own TBD from August until December.

I (being one of Santa's elves) went back and forth for a long time about this. I had a few thoughts like these:

One. Did I really want her to have a boy barbie doll?
Secondly. She never plays with the few barbies that she already has.
And three. I really did not want to pay very much for a TBD.

Well, about a week before Christmas, I happened upon a TBD. It was the last one on the shelf and it was only five dollars! How could I pass it up? Even if I changed my mind I could always return it, which was a much better alternative then leaving, thinking about it and if deciding to get it, having to get back to the store, without Inez, and hoping they still had it.

Fast forward to Christmas morning. She unwrapped the TBD from Santa. And the look of excitement quickly faded to one of confusion.

"It doesn't look like Troy Bolton."

Fast forward another week. Upon further inspection of the TBD she finally figured out why it doesn't look like Troy Bolton.

"His hair is weird. It's wrong."

"It's supposed to look like this."

And with a heavy sigh and shoulder shrug she declared, "I guess the elves got it wrong!"


*sigh* I guess I'll have to try harder next year.

11 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Better her blame it on the elves than you! Don't those elves know how to make anything?

1/12/2009 11:30 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I must say his hair does look pretty bad on that doll. Maybe you should give him a hair cut.

1/12/2009 11:42 AM  
Blogger courtneyb said...

"I guess the elves got it wrong!" that is hilarious.

1/12/2009 2:36 PM  
Blogger Denice said...

ok - this is going to make me laugh all day!

1/12/2009 4:52 PM  
Blogger Keely said...

haha that is SOOO funny!!

1/12/2009 4:56 PM  
Blogger david said...

holly- I read this in class, and laughed out loud! yes!

1/12/2009 4:58 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

OH my gosh, I am embarrased to admit this - but my first thought was "as soon as his hair grows out, they can style it better!" am I really going to post this?..... guess so.

1/12/2009 5:05 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

easy to fix; get a barbie comb and hairspray and you got yourself a real tbd.

and troy is one good looking boy these days.

disneyland?!

1/12/2009 7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So funny!

My favorite is the crossed eyes behind TBD.

1/13/2009 11:47 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Good eye, Inez. His hair is seriously messed up.

She is such a funny girl.

1/14/2009 3:50 PM  
Blogger jane Cobber said...

Oh my gosh, that is so funny! I just happened upon Troy and Gabrella together today for $5 at Target's toy clearance. I actually got them for my girls and then returned them because they already have the girl dolls and I thought they might want the boy to go along with them but then I thought Troy looked really weird too. I wonder if the actors actually look at the dolls and think "Dang! That looks awful!" I think the Hannah Montana ones look weird too. Well, Nezzie will have to bring her Troy here during our family reunion this summer to play with Gabrella and Sharpay. And, hey, no fair blaming ME blame Disney marketing.....

1/15/2009 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home