Peas In Our Pod

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Day 2 @ Dis

Here's our second day summary:

FYI: ask multiple strangers to take your picture on the 'L' so that you have more than one option.

Inez on Storybook Land Canal Boats, in awe of the miniatures. Okay, she's probably not as much in awe of them as I am. Seriously. I think they are really, really cool.

This is a recent thing that Inez does, she "grabs" things with her two fingers, like she's plucking them out of their existence to put in her pocket and keep for herself (this probably deserves a post of its own).

Gwen meets Pooh Bear, her absolute favorite. And gives him a BIG, HUGE hug of course.

A hug for Tigger too.

And we can't leave out Eeyore.

Then I put Inez up by the honeypots to take a quick shot and this Cast Member yelled to her, "Get out of the honey pots, there are snakes in there!" Of course like any other rational four-year-old that's not very fond of snakes, Inez slightly freaked out. Somehow I don't think scaring children should be allowed at Disneyland by anyone other than their own parents when they force their kids to go on scary rides.

Gwenie enjoying the parade and her finger.

I love to find hidden things at Disneyland, this one is at the end of Tarzan's Treehouse.

Gwen was even excited to see Buzz. This was surprising to me though because I didn't think she knew who Buzz was.

He got a hug anyway, which is kind of hard when the character is made of plastic. Maybe it was because we went on Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters about a million times.

On the Jungle Cruise, Inez plugging her ears from the pop gun the guide uses to scare off hippos.

Inez "getting" some sort of animal from the ride...see her fingers?

Our little snuggle baby, who put up with us dragging her around Dis for two days.

And this is how we all felt at the end of each day and on the drive home.

I, of course, was very happy to have Dave on the way home! Good company, conversation, music, In-n-Out and Girl Scout cookies. He's the best road trip partner. He even sings some mean Kool and the Gang.

To sum it all up, it was a lot of fun to do something so spontaneous. There was a lot packed into four days, but I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Roadtrips with my little family—in my opinion—are one of my happiest places on earth.

8 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

Well, you've officially made me long to go to Disneyland. Nezzie's little finger thing is so so cute.

3/21/2008 7:09 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

you had me at kool and the gang.

wish i couldda been a stowaway...

3/22/2008 2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever Rosie is Inez's BFF, she told me the other day, Rosie not Inez. I like how she does that thing with her fingers I wonder where she got that? Is that picture with the hidden things Chip? and his Mom? Or is it harder than that? Gwen sure is a cutie. And I like Dave's look in the driving picture he looks like a serious Steven Segal. LOL, ROFL, SUL (Standing Up Laughing)

3/23/2008 2:09 AM  
Blogger Shannon & Summer said...

I am so glad to hear you had such a great time!

3/23/2008 12:45 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Yeah Jon, it's Mrs. Potts and Chip(nice try pretending like you don't know the characters of Beauty and the Beast).

There are also "hidden mickeys" all over all the parks. Those are cool to spot too. Heather and Carol have shown us lots of those. One of the easiest ones to see is on Haunted Mansion where you are in the "doom buggy" and you are looking down at the ghosts dancing and sitting at the dining table. One of the place settings, the plates are in the shape of Mickey's head.

3/23/2008 1:46 PM  
Blogger cori said...

we are all about buzz over here. so fun! did you see buzz fight zurg with the help of starla? maybe he finally beat zurg. and don't you love random strangers at disneyland or anywhere else in the world. people are just great sometimes.

3/25/2008 9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MAN, I miss those hugs. Lucky characters.
(Grandma K)

3/30/2008 6:30 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I wish I were still there to have a sleep-over with ya'll. I found your blog again! Yay!!!

4/06/2008 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home